Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging Services
The Radiology Department provides full-service diagnostic imaging specializing in interventional and women’s imaging. We offer the latest in diagnostic imaging studies, including the new BrightSpeed 16-slice CT scanner, which provides superior image quality and quicker scans. Our department is staffed by registered/licensed technologists of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in addition to technologists with advanced certification in CT Scan Imaging.
Bone Density Screening
Effective in the diagnosis of osteoporosis, a bone density screening determines the approximate strength of a patient's bones through the amount of calcium in a specific region of the bones. Our Lunar Bone Densitometer is the most complete bone assessment tool ever devised for diagnosing osteoporosis and assessing a patient's fracture risk. Prodigy's improved technology and precision detects bone changes in a variety of clinical conditions.
CAD (Computer-Aided Detection) MammoReader System
This is a powerful and innovative Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) system that serves as a second set of eyes to help the radiologist spot suspicious areas in the breast. Studies show that having a mammogram "double read" by a radiologist or assessed by CAD is highly recommended as an optional tool alongside a digital mammography system.
One of the most commonly used tools to examine the brain, chest, abdomen, and pelvis, CT scans help diagnose a range of by taking thin slices (images) of your insides. Our new BrightSpeed CT Scanner offers the latest in “multi-slice” CT technology along with clinical applications that will allow physicians to quickly and accurately perform multiple diagnostic exams. These exams help diagnose disease or life-threatening illness such as chest pain, stroke and cardiovascular disease.
Digital Mammography System (Senographe DS)
This system is considered the most modern mammography equipment available today. It offers outstanding image quality and an easier, more comfortable exam experience for patients. Exams can take less than half the time, breast images can be reviewed electronically for improved workflow, and the system offers easier access to lesions for biopsies.
MRI uses a high-powered magnet and radio waves to create accurate and detailed images.
- 1.5T High Speed with EXCITE MRI- West Palm's MRI with EXCITE technology delivers breakthrough results from an image quality, application, and enhancement perspective. The combination of faster and better scanning has proven to significantly decrease the time for the patient in the magnet, which is a plus for both physicians and patients alike.
- VIBRANT MRI - This innovative and powerful MRI system enables simultaneous, contrast-enhanced acquisition with high spatial resolution imaging of both breasts. Patients no longer have to come back a second time to obtain the highest quality images.
Special Procedures Room
This is the largest Interventional Vascular Procedures Room in West Palm Beach. Full anesthesia capabilities are built right into the room along with an advanced angiography system.
One of our most patient-friendly procedures, ultrasound enables us to "see" inside the body. We can evaluate blood flow, internal organs, pregnancies, cancer, abdominal disorders, blood vessel problems, pelvic disorders or other problems.
X -Ray is a high energy form of electromagnetic waves that helps physicians visualize bones soft tissues and some organs.
The hospital also offers a wide range of interventional radiology procedures including:
- Arteriography and Venography
- Vertebroplasty for Back Pain
- Vascular Stent Placements Including Aortic Artery Stenting
- Interventional MRI of the Breast
- CT Scan of the Sinuses
- Non-Invasive Treatment of Fibroids
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Imaging Total Joint Replacement with MRI
- Carotid Stenting
West Palm Hospital
2201 45th Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
We are also affiliated with:
Florida Open Imaging