West Palm Hospital strives continually to provide excellent quality care in a safe environment. Our organization is involved in the following state and national healthcare quality initiatives:
- The Joint Commission and CMS Healthcare Quality Alliance
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Congestive Heart Failure
- American Osteopathic Association
- Surgical Infection Prevention (SIP)
- Leapfrog Group and National Quality Forum Safe Practices
- IHI (Institute for Healthcare Improvement)
- Agency for Healthcare Administration
Within the facility we utilize a healthcare team to make improvements in the following areas:
- Patient Safety
- Pain Management
- Medication Administration Process
- Patient Flow Efficiency Throughout The Hospital
Multiple areas are monitored to evaluate processes and outcomes.
Some examples include:
- National Patient Safety Goals
- Resuscitation Practices and Outcomes
- Appropriateness of Procedures Performed
Our Commitment to Safety
Your safety is our priority. Our goal is to make you feel safe and secure while you are in our hospitals. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing their jobs carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, providing you with specific information about your care and explaining changes about your treatment
Working with caregivers from across the country, our parent company, HCA has invested more than $300 million to develop industry leading technology, systems, and processes to improve patient safety. This is just one part of our commitment to providing a broad range of high quality services that meet the growing and changing healthcare needs of our community.
Dr. Frank Houser on Patient Safety
Click below to view a message from HCA's Senior Vice President, Quality and Medical Director, Dr. Frank Houser as he talks about patient safety.
Frank M Houser, M.D.
Senior Vice President, Quality & Medical Director, HCA